How To Treat Your Patio
STEP 1: PREPARATION
Untreated or pressure impregnated wood, new or old, must be cleaned prior to treatment with OrganoWood® 03. Cleaner. Oiled, painted or treated wood must be sanded before treatment.
Brush away all loose dirt and abrasive dust from the surface of the wood. Dilute OrganoWood® 03. according to the instructions below for all-purpose cleaning or coarse cleaning depending on how soiled the wood is. Clean with a scrubbing brush, cloth, or mop. The product must not be used together with a high-pressure washer, as the high-pressure washer can cause wear to the wood. Finish by rinsing carefully with water. Then allow the wood to dry.
Note: The Cleaning solution can react with glass. If there is a risk of the liquid coming into contact with the glass, cover the glass to protect it.
For all-purpose cleaning mix 1 litre OrganoWood® 03 with 5 litres of tepid water.
For coarse cleaning mix 2 litre OrganoWood® 03 with 5 litres of tepid water.
Important: Perform the treatment on dry wood at a temperature of at least 10 °C and with as low a risk of rain, dew or frost.
STEP 2: APPLY ORGANOWOOD 01 PROTECT
(coverage about 1 litre/8-10 sqm)
1. Pour out the required amount of liquid in a separate plastic container.
2. Apply the product in the wood’s direction of fibre using a brush or roller.
3. Allow to dry for about 6-10 hours.
4. Any surplus product on the surface of the wood can create white salt deposits. These can be easily brushed off with a nylon or steel brush alternatively fine sandpaper before continuing the treatment. Otherwise these will disappear in time.
Important: In the event cutting, making holes or other minor processing in the timber is unavoidable, the processed surfaces must be treated with OrganoWood® 01. Protection: Flame and rot protection in order for the root protection to remain optimal. We recommend that visible wood ends are treated with OrganoWood® 02. Repellent: Dirt and water repellent for the best protection.
STEP 3: APPLY ORGANOWOOD 02 REPELLENT
(coverage about 1 litre/8-10 sqm)
1. Shake/stir the tin/liquid and pour out the required amount in a separate plastic container.
2. Apply the product in the wood’s direction of fibre using a brush or roller. Do not use more liquid than the wood can absorb.
3. Allow to dry for about 2-4 hours.
4. Maintenance is performed if necessary with OrganoWood® 02.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Maintenance of OrganoWood® is carried out using OrganoWood® 03. Cleaner and surface treatment with OrganoWood® 02. Repellent. This to create a more hydrophobic surface and minimise the risk of growth and the amount of dry cracks. Wood treated with the wood protective system from OrganoWood® remains natural coloured with a slightly lighter nuance. The timber will age naturally and adopt a silver grey hue over time. On account of the denser structure and hydrophobicity created on the surface of the timber when treated with the wood protective system from OrganoWood®, traditional paint does penetrate into the timber in the same way as normal timber. Consequently, OrganoWood® treated timber should not be painted.
After the use of the wood protective system from OrganoWood® all equipment must be cleaned thoroughly with water. Important: If the equipment has previously been used together with other chemicals, always clean the equipment before use in order to prevent problems with any possible chemical reactions.